Challenge Begins In:
Hug A Runner 5K for $5K Challenge
10 Chances To Win $500
How Does It Work?
Check Out A Sneak Peak Of The Tracker!
Hug A Runner Day Is November 20th!
Here is how you can participate:
- If you are registered for Run The Year 2019 this challenge is included in your registration (woot!). If you aren’t registered, sign up here and the challenge will be included!
- You can also register for the Hug A Runner Challenge 5K for $5K on it’s own for only $5 which covers all 10 days (registration options below).
- For 10 days, starting November 20th, we will be giving away $500 every day.
- You are eligible to win $500 when you run or walk 5K that day and enter it into the tracker.
- Every day we start fresh! Run or walk a 5K and you are entered to win another $500!
Sounds awesome but tell me more!
Tell Me About Run The Year 2019
Run The Year® challenges you to run or walk 2,019 miles in the year 2019. Every participant gets access to our custom tracker for both individual AND team miles along with our private Facebook community. Completely new for 2019 – The tracker has amazing new features like team messaging and RTY FIT, an exclusive meet-up community built in our tracker for RTY members only. The tracker also allows you to manually enter miles or sync with Garmin, Fitbit, and Strava. Learn more about RTY 2019 here and be sure to check out this year’s awesome medal and swag!
Tell Me About The Charity
100% of the proceeds from registration will be donated to Shoes That Fit. From the Shoes That Fit website:
1 in 5 children lives in poverty
That’s a reality right here in the United States and shoes are one of the most visible signs of poverty. The simple gift of new athletic shoes can be a new lease on life for a child in need.
A new pair of shoes can be a life-changing event for a child. School attendance, self-esteem and behavior improve. Physical activity increases. Smiles return. All from an often over-looked item—a good pair of shoes.
Run The Edge is donating the prize money for this challenge so that all registration proceeds go to this great cause. We will share how much money we raise and donate. Let’s make an impact together and get as many kids as possible Shoes That Fit!
Tell Me About More About Hug A Runner
We invented GO HARD (Globally Organized Hug A Runner Day) back in 2011. We never expected it to take off like it did!
Since then, we have used Hug A Runner to raise awareness and thousands of dollars for some awesome organizations like Girls on the Run and Playworks. This year we are happy to be donating funds to support Shoes That Fit.
Check out the official “How To Hug A Runner” video here:
Tell Me A Joke
Q: What do runners do when they forget something?
A: They jog their memory!