By now, you’ve probably heard about our newest challenge, The JOGLE Challenge, which starts on August 1st, 2022. Registration is already open, so register today to take this opportunity to turn your physical miles into a positive impact.
Once you register, you will have until December 31, 2022, to complete 853.5 miles, traveling virtually across the UK! At the same time, we will be raising money for charities that are improving and increasing access to mental health care and resources. This is our first mental health charity run and event that we are hosting, so you probably have some questions! Don’t worry - we answer all of them below!
Why are you doing The JOGLE Challenge?
Through a very random series of events, we connected with 80Noir Ultra to create a global event and The JOGLE Challenge was born, our first mental health charity event. It's no secret that the world has been through a lot as of late and our health and wellbeing have been tested in ways many of us were unprepared for. Like so many of you, we have had to reframe our fitness journey and what each mile we log means. That is why, as the team at Run The Edge discussed what we could "do next," it was a priority of ours to get involved with an initiative aimed at improving individual fitness and wellbeing in a way that would directly impact individuals globally struggling in similar ways. Fitness, as well as dark chocolate, can benefit your mental health, so we wanted to take that opportunity to connect the three and give back to mental health charities at the same time.
By participating, you’re taking care of yourself as well as supporting others.
The goal: Use the miles you exercise from running, walking, swimming, or even hopping, to cover the 853.5 miles across the UK from John O’ Groats to Land's End, all while raising money for two mental health charities: Active Minds and Mind Over Mountains. Learn more about each charity and their mission here.
What is JOGLE?
JOGLE is actually a very well-known route from John O’ Groats to Land’s End in the UK that you can run, cycle, walk, or get from end to end basically any way you choose. Typically, the 875 miles take about 10 days to cycle and about 20 days to run. Some people also choose to complete it with a relay team! The fastest known time for running it solo is 9 days, 21 hours, 14 minutes, and 2 seconds.
Similar to our Amerithon Challenge, participants of the virtual challenge will travel from one end of the country to another (virtually), learning about some physical locations along the way! As you’re completing the challenge, you’ll hit 14 landmarks within the tracker as you build your mileage along the way - you’ll receive virtual badges within your tracker that were hand drawn by our very own designer! You can download them to keep them for yourself and even customize them with your own photos to commemorate this experience.
Can I do this with a Team?
Absolutely! You can set your team up in the Tracker once the tracker is open. The hardest part of creating a team is actually coming up with a clever name! A few things to remember on teams:
- Each team member must register individually FIRST, then you can form your team in the tracker.
- The tracker monitors both your miles individually and your teams miles together.
- You can only be a part of one JOGLE team. If you leave your current team to go to a new team, you take your miles with you. If you are a part of a team for another challenge like Run The Year or Amerithon, you can still be a part of a JOGLE team.
What Do I Get With My Registration?
Your digital registration is $30.00 and $15.00 of that is donated directly to the charities! With every digital registration, you get:
- Access to our online tracker that tracks both team and individual miles
- Milestone Landmark Badges - visit famous and admittedly not-so-famous landmarks along the way! You will learn fun facts and might just feel like you are on the actual route itself! A fun tidbit about the badges: they were hand-drawn by our very own designer Sara!
- Access to a private Facebook group. Our Facebook groups are incredibly supportive and motivating!
From there, you can add on loads of other goodies like:
- The official 2022 JOGLE Medal. You’ll want to add this one to your collection!
- This Miir camp mug that is good for the environment, unique, AND keeps your drinks hot or cold for hours!
- This JOGLE tshirt (so everyone knows you did the challenge!)
- A pack of stickers for your hydroflask (or Miir Mug duh!), computer, or growing sticker collection
Join hundreds of other JOGLE participants that have already signed up for this newest challenge! Challenge your friends and family to join you, or start solo and create connections through the community. No matter how you complete the challenge, you will be benefitting your own personal health and wellbeing while impacting so many across the globe. A true win-win.